• The original Parish Room was built on the site of the hall circa 1825 as a school room for the children of St Keverne.

  • In 1925 this was bequeathed to the community by the owner, Colonel Sir Courtenay Vyvyan of Trelowarren Estate.

  • After a public meeting a Management Committee consisting of 14 Parish Councillors and 14 residents was formed.

  • By 1973 the hall had fallen into a state of disrepair and a new Committee was formed.  It was also registered as a charity on 17 September 1973.

  • The old building was demolished in 1977 and rebuilt nearly 4 times larger, reopening in 1979.

  • All the Committee are volunteers.

  • The Committee come from a cross section of the Community, consisting of elected members and representatives from local organisations.

  • The hall is not funded by government - therefore it must run totally independent of outside help.  This is the task of the Committee and volunteer helpers.

  • The hall's income comes from hirings but in order to make it available to the poorest of local organisations, hire charges are kept low.  These charges do not cover actual running costs. 

  • In 1991 the Committee of the hall was successful in securing a liquor licence, therefore enabling the hall to offer a licensed bar on request for special events (minimum 50 persons).  It is the proceeds from the bar that subsidise the annual running costs.

  • The object of the charity is for the provision and maintenance of the hall for use of all who live throughout the parish without distinction of political, religious or other opinions.  The hall committee's objective is to try and improve the condition of life for the community at large.

  • After distributing a questionnaire, asking what the villagers wanted from their local Parish Hall, the Committee was successful in securing funding in 2003 for a complete refurbishment grant.

  • The hall has full kitchen facilities manufactured in stainless steel, together with double cooker, microwave oven, large upright refrigerator, plate warmer and fast water boiler capable of supplying up to 200 hot drinks quickly.

  • Matching crockery and cutlery for 200 people is also available and together with the licensed bar this makes the hall an ideal venue for a party or wedding celebration.

  • In theatrical mode the hall can seat an audience of 280 (maximum).  There is a stage and a screen which pulls down from the stage for presentations etc (pole kept in middle cupboard on the left hand side). 

  • The Reading Room is ideal for smaller groups, eg luncheon club, bridge or meetings.

  • Over the years the Committee has introduced productions of the performing classical arts by hosting and presenting opera companies, orchestras and many theatrical companies, which have included the international pianist Paul Burke and the award winning Knee High Theatre (sadly closing down in 2021 following  a difficult year).

  • After fund raising in September 2015 work commenced on installation of a new roof to replace the old leaking asbestos one.

  • In September 2017, Alfred Smith & Son of Penzance, installed new stage curtains

  • In October 2017 much needed decoration of the Main Hall was commenced.

  • The hall is recorded amongst a number of buildings in Cornwall which could be used during an emergency as a shelter.

  • Wheelchair Access and disabled toilets.  A threshold bridge ramp was acquired on 24 September 2019.

  • From 23 March 2020 the hall was closed due to Covid 19 (Coronavirus).  When bookings recommence social distancing and wearing of masks will be necessary.  2 wall mounted hand sanitisers have been installed. 

  • Outdoor clothing should be placed on hangers provided in the entrance lobby, corridors, ladies' and gents' toilets and Reading Room.